welcome, peeps!

let us be hilarious together, sharing things we have! =D

Thursday 18 August 2011

J.K. Rowling, Suze Orman, Oprah and ‘Playing for Keeps’



I’m not a big fan of HP series, not even a fan. But respecting the J.K. Rowling for the phenomena she has made brought me to hook my eyes to the TV, the Oprah Winfrey show. I watch the show almost every day, whenever I have power over the remote control. Okay! Back to the J.K. Rowling thingy, she actually has inspired my motive of leading my life. Oh I sound old but that is the reality.

Superb women, J.K. Rowling and Oprah

Quoting her saying from the episode, she once said that ‘Dumbledore in the first novel (Idk the title because once again, I don’t follow HP! L) says to HP, once you see yourself in the mirror, make sure that what you see is YOU! (The dialogue is not exactly like this but yeah, it sounds like this to me, lol!)’ and this has changed my perspective. WHY??? Because Idk how to react to THIS. I mean, who on earth knows what the you means and the YOU brings. Oh yes I forgot Donald Trump might be good in differentiating the two yous, and even Oprah. But not me, at the least I know. 

I felt like crying you know. Sitting on the sofa, in front of the TV, realising there are more to achieve and miss in life. Even I’m not sure of my ambition. At one point, I want to be a politician but the next day, it changes. I don’t have schedules for me to be guided. Some might say that ‘oh yeay! Isn’t it so in that you are independent?’ or ‘ouh it’s cool babe, you lead the way as it seems????’. My life is dull and boring and who is to blame? 

The answer is ‘next time I point my finger, I’ll point myself to the mirror’ and sing the line following the melody of Paramore’s, ‘Playing God’.

 

YES VERY TRUE!!! I am inspired by J.K. Rowling (only the Dumbledore saying hah) and I don’t wanna think about some stupid ifs and buts. I don’t wanna be normal. I am too used to the word, normalcy. I get bored easily now and I want to know myself in and out and THE GOOD ORGANIZATION OF MYSELF is all about! Thanks Oprah for bridging me into J.K. Rowling (haha, I didn’t know J.K. Rowling until I watched the show). I want myself to tell myself that this is it! I’ve to do this. It’s never too late to know the steps to success. 

Where to start??? Until I watched Suze Orman in the next Oprah show (told ya! I watch more than one episode a day). Suze Orman is an internationally acclaimed personal finance expert and she has been approving and denying many people’s financial plans. One of the ‘contestants’ resembles me. She is not a loaded girl but she has been living her life vice versa. Her lifestyle seems like she has 8 months savings in advance. The truth is she doesn’t have any! Ouh I prefer her name to be unmentioned (I’m afraid of getting fined!) Ouh I’m still studying and two years as a student????? Ouh I am so going to have a tight budget. Suze Orman, I need you!!!! 

 Suze Orman (watch her on BBC http://www.cnbc.com/id/15838523)

So, basically, I am now financially aware and it’s important that my status as a human being is not overlooked!
‘Playing for keeps, an eye-opener I could say. It’s a film based on a true story. As I’m too lazy to map the script out, I’ll be only sharing the main issue and my opinions regarding that. The issue is racism and discrimination. In most of my years as a kid, I was always feeling betrayed and discriminated. Ouh I am too emotional, I know rightttt! 


Okay okay, my point is everyone feels the same. Let it be you are a White or a Black (referring to the US) and in Malaysia, a Chinese, an Indian or a Malay, WE ALL SOMETIMES EXPERIENCE DISCRIMINATED for our statuses, our views about the entire world or even for our fashion statements. 

I am a minority in Malay community. And many are wondering how it is possible? Because I am not rich. By this, I’m not telling that the riches do not feel differentiated. They feel too! Because they are rich! People from different statuses won’t feel like befriending with them as they are prejudiced for being cocky, arrogant and so princessy. Back to my case, I was very denying my status as a not-that-rich girl and I always wanted to own things that I could not afford. In denial, at one point, I could see my friends were in agreement that I was to be avoided. 

But slowly, as I am aging, I do believe of the fact that people, girls, guys, we are different! And please people, take the differences as positive boosters as we can. Like me, I am chubby, and I always make it the main reason of me exercising. As a result, I am kinda stable in terms of my health. I am now less asthmatic and yeay me! The ‘chubby’ effect is good, isn’t it??? 

So, for the time being, thanks a lot to the influential people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment